BEARR concentrates on health and social welfare issues, with particular emphasis on care of vulnerable groups and reform of the way the state deals with or looks after them. It is based in the UK and managed by a number of trustees with long experience and extensive knowledge of the countries of the region. BEARR has many partners among small and medium-sized voluntary and charitable organisations in the countries of the region.
The Trust focuses on:
- supporting organisations committed to reform in the health and social sectors
- facilitating networking and exchanges of information
- encouraging sharing of experience and learning
- helping organisations working in the region to identify potential partners
- providing seed funding to assist selected organisations to launch or extend partnerships
- lobbying with and on behalf of organisations that share our objectives.