The BEARR Trust: Information and Administration Officer – closing date for applications is 12 March
The BEARR Trust is seeking a self-employed consultant for this part-time position in central London, starting in April 2019.
The BEARR Trust is a small charity whose mission is to help children and other vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in Eastern Europe, Russia, the South Caucasus and Central Asia. We believe the best way to do this is to help small NGOs working in health and social welfare to build knowledge, know-how, skills and contacts, including with those doing similar work in the UK.
BEARR’s main activities are running networking events (conferences and lectures), providing information materials (newsletter, monthly bulletin, website, social media) and running a Small Grants Scheme. Details are in the job description – see link below.
A group of dedicated Trustees and volunteers do much of the work, operating mostly from their homes. The Information and Administration Officer provides administrative back-up. He/she works alone in the office, which is in a social enterprise near Borough tube station. The exact nature of the services varies from time to time depending on BEARR’s schedule of events and activities. It is envisaged however that the services will normally require some 70 hours per month (about two and a half days a week).
BEARR, a small charity operating on a tight budget, pays a fee of £15 per hour for provision of these services. Apart from this fee, there are no other benefits or entitlements.
- a well-organised self-starter who can work independently, paying close attention to detail
- experience of administration and/or organising events
- a good working knowledge of Russian (e.g. A level at least)
- the flexibility to work extra hours when required (e.g. before a conference)
- to have worked or lived in one or more of the countries with which BEARR deals
- to have experience of working in or with NGOs
- experience of researching and writing fundraising applications
A job description is attached here.
If you wish to discuss the post in more detail, please contact email@example.com